Saturday, 12 December 2009

Scenic Sunday/Monochrome Weekly: Anstruther Harbour 2006




This a photo I took in 2006 of Anstruther Harbour in Fife.

For the monochrome image:

Open Image
Go to: Layer and choose Duplicate Layer
Go to: Image and Adjustments and Choose: Black and White ( on lower versions of PS you can choose desaturate) I also chose the "red filter" option.
Go to: Layer and choose Duplicate Layer
( All blend modes are set to normal)
Go to: Filter and Choose: Artistic and Dry Brush
( I used the following settings: Brush Size-8 detail-4 and texture-3 )
Flatten image and save.

Scenic Sunday

Monochrome Weekly Theme

18 Feedback Comments:

rennschnecke said...

das 2te Bild sehr schwierig !

Marie Höglund said...

Oh that´s a lovely boat there. A nice scenery.

Riet said...

That is a very special picture.

awarewriter said...

Looks like a pen wash drawing. I'd be interested to see the effect in color.

Jane said...

Thanks everyone, I don't think the image is too difficult rennschnecke. Yes I think that would be very interesting to experiment on, I love the effects produced by the filters and the blend modes too.

Xavi said...

Nice picture, looks like a watercolor painting in black and white.
Have a great weekend.

Serendipity said...

Looks great!

Jane said...

Thanks Xavi and serendipity-it does take on the watercolour look or pen and ink and watercolour.

Angel.Pearls said...

Like this harbour with the boats alot!//Eva

wenn said...

lovely..

Evelyn Howard said...

HI Jane, I love harbours. There are always lots of photograph :). Nice pic, thanks :)

J Bar said...

A great harbour shot.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

RuneE said...

Thank you for the lesson - always willing to learn.

PS But in this case I must admit that I prefer the original

Robin said...

It does look quite like a painting the way you've processed it. I think I'd like it best with the dry brush effect but still in color.

Jane said...

Thanks, your welcome on the tutorial:)

I think the original is better, but I like to experiment now and then;) I do have some old black and white 35MM shots from 1994 but I need to scan them and the scanner is out of action at present.

Della said...

I like that - just like a painting.

kden said...

It does look like a painting. Much more interesting in B&W. Beautiful job.

Sylvia said...

Impressive harbour shot! Wonderful effect in the B&W.